Probe finds nation's emergency care system at 'breaking point' by Lauran Neegaard:
The spate of similar articles reminded me of the recent post by Mark Graban: Stop calling it "ER Congestion". He states: "It's not an ER problem, it's a systemic hospital problem." I agree. The health care system is broken and has been for a long time. Symptoms like the huge cost of health care, medical errors, ER problems etc. are all related.
From the original article:
Most of the news stories touch on the systemic nature of the problems with such statements. So it is not that people are unaware of that truth but the importance of a systemic fix seems minimized.
What we need more of:
- Saving Lives: US Health Care Improvement
- Using Design to Reduce Medical Error
- PBS Documentary: Improving Hospitals
- Management Improvement in Healthcare
- Going Lean in Health Care
And less of: