I admit I am not convinced many using the term lean six sigma are intent on fusing the ideas from both areas: I think marketing might be the primary motive. However, I do believe both offer value. And I believe it is possible to adopt both within one management system. And both share many "quality management tools."
- Lean, Mean, Six Sigma Machines
- A Holistic View of Six Sigma by Roger Hoerl and Ronald Snee, 2004 Sample chapter from their excellent book, Six Sigma Beyond the Factory Floor.
- Six Sigma Won't Fix Bad Management?
- Has Six Sigma been a failure?
- How To Compare Six Sigma, Lean and the Theory of Constraints by Dave Nave, 2002
For more see Curious Cat six sigma portal and lean management portal.