Saturday, July 17, 2010

Leaders Worth Following: Tony Hsieh and Jeff Bezos

Tony Hsieh and Jeff Bezos are leaders worth paying attention to. And that is rare among the well know business leaders I think. They both focus on customer focus not spreadsheets. They build successful businesses and know that it is critical to build a organization of people (not inter-changable figures on a spreadsheet).

I must admit I wouldn't have thought Zappos could be so successful. But Tony Hsieh made it work. Paying new employees to quit is not a practice many managers would have dreamed up.

Response to With 1800 employees, Hsieh is still an entrepreneur

Related: Zappos and Amazon Sitting in a Tree... - Akio Toyoda’s Message Shows Real Leadership

I have started to post some of my comments to other blogs to this blog (so I have them all in one place). My current management posts are made to the Curious Cat Management Improvement Blog.

No comments: